Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Next Door Neighbor Hero

All heroes don't wear capes and have chiseled abs like superman.  In a matter of fact one of my heroes is nothing like that.  Not to long ago dirt bikes and girls were a lot more important to me than church things.  One of the many heroes that did not give up on me, and came to my rescue was my next door neighbor. 

He was a man in his mid 60's and from the outside lookin' at him, he and I did not have much in common.  From time to time he would come pokin' his head around to invite me out to some church activity of some sort.  This would usually result in me sneaking out the back door to run off on my dirt bike to avoid his friendly invitation. 

Sadly, some heroic acts go unseen or the helpless victim may even act as if the act is a complete nuisance.  But those simple heroic acts do not go unseen or forgotten.  I will forever be grateful for my next door neighbor for continually trying to bring me back.  That man always showed me love, and was always there trying to help me.

To all the next door neighbor heroes do not give up.  Continue reaching out!  Your helpless victims do need you.  Coming from one that was rescued by my heroes continuous efforts, keep trying.  We do appreciate it!

Personal thanks to my next door neighbor hero, and all my other heroes that did not give up one me!!

                                                                                                                photo from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                                                          

3 comments:

  1. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. The best ones are the ones that continue to press forward, even when they are hitting the same wall and the same challenges. They keep fighting because they know what is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great guy, When you get home, I hope you thank him, and take him dirtbiking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afriad to think about where I would be without all the heroes in my life. They have made me into who I am today!

    ReplyDelete