Thursday, March 10, 2011

A simple Gift that keeps on giving

What is a testimony?

A testimony can be simple or complex, but to sum one up, a testimony is what you believe and know to be true.

While serving a mission I have realized how much of an impact a testimony can have, not only in my own life, but in the lives of others too.  As opportunities come up for me to share mine, each time I do my own is strengthen and I feel who I share it with gets strengthen from it too.  My testimony is great source of comfort and peace to me knowing I have values and beliefs to rely on. Mine is also a great defense when facing personal challenges or avoiding situations around me.  Pretty amazing what a testimony has done, and is doing for me, and mine is even rather simple....

I know Jesus Christ is my Savior, and through Him I can find true happiness while overcoming my weakness.  I know God is my loving Heavenly Father; He hears and answers prayers with love.  I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I know as I do my best to follow the teaching from it, life gets a whole lot better!



Brigham Young was not baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during the first year of his learning about the restored gospel. But of his conversion he said:

“If all the talent, tact, wisdom, and refinement of the world had been sent to me with the
Book of Mormon, and had declared, in the most exalted of earthly eloquence, the truth of
it, undertaking to prove it by learning and worldly wisdom, they would have been to me
like smoke which arises only to vanish away. But when I saw a man without eloquence
or talents for public speaking, who could only say, ‘I know by the power of the Holy Ghost
that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of the Lord,’ the Holy
Ghost proceeding from that individual illuminated my understanding, and a light, glory,
and immortality were before me. I was encircled by them, filled with them, and I knew
for myself that the testimony  of the man was true”


Please share your testimony with others.  Don't be afraid or ashamed to share something that has given so much to you.  Be willing to allow another to grow from just hearing what you have to say. No worries if you feel like yours is too small or may even not know if you have one. Still speak up and share! I know one is in there, took me a while to find mine too!  Open your mouth and allow the spirit to speak!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. I have seen the same thing as I have shared my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't use it, you lose it. :) I love how powerful the simplest testimony can be.

    ReplyDelete