Monday, November 1, 2010

My Talk with God

As the March rain stormed down, it began taking a toll on my soul. I was fine on the outside, but on the inside I was screamin'.  I got caught up in myself and found myself discouraged and homesick.

Pleas of help were swirling inside me, but they were confounded by self pride.  At the moment of what seemed to be a personal break down, I went to my knees.  I prayed real hard to my loving Heavenly Father.  In an act of desperation, I begged, "Just let things go a little smoother for me.  Please help me relax and gain my cool."

Just after my prayer, I opened up my scriptures to Ether 12:27 ( my favorite scripture) by chance.  (Prayer answered by God)  As the week went on though, I found myself back in the slums, trying to twist my answer into just a coincidence.  Again, returning to my knees asking for help.

Church comes and it seems about the same.  In between classes I wander down to get a drink.  Lost in my own thoughts, becoming unassertive of the world around me.  Next thing I know something is clinging to my leg.  With this I snap back into reality, I had a 4 year old passenger hanging onto my leg.  Within seconds I had 5 or 6 of them clinging to me saying "Missionary we LOVE you!"

As a smile went from ear to ear, trying not to cry, I knew God had listened and answered my prayer.  I know that God answers in all sorts of ways, but this specific prayer of mine had been answered by the love of a group of 4 year olds.  No matter where we are at in our lives, I challenge us to have a "talk with God".

No comments:

Post a Comment