Thursday, December 23, 2010

Greatest Gift

Since as long as I can remember, each Christmas Eve my mom would round us all up and read us the real Christmas story of Christ's birth. This is a memory that has been with me and will continue to stay with me the rest of my life.  The lights and presents are all great, but lets remember the the true importance of the Chirstmas Day.  Our Savior was born, and only through Him can we recieve the greatest gift of all!!!

                                                       


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. As a kid I can remember how exciting Christmas was for me. It was my favorite day because of all the toys I got. Most kids feel the same way. The fact of how long it took me to realize that christmas is about CHRIST and not presents is sad, so I won't tell you. However, christmas is still my favorite time, my reasons have changed though. I love being a missionary during this time reason being there is definatly a different spirit about. The spirit is able to touch that light that each individual has. There is a new and greater sense of hope, love, gratitude, and service. This truly was the greatest moment in all history, when Christ was born. It is like you said, Santa may always bring gifts but nothing compares to the gift that our Savior has given to us. That gift is eternal life if we choose it. Great post Elder Bankhead, keep it up and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete