Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Momma comes next to God

We were talking to a man named Ray (25 year old average guy in a rush to catch his bus).  He was in a rush so we walked quickly down the sidewalk them him.  As he hurried on his way, we asked if he believed in God.  Ray was quick to respond "absolutely my brother".  Well Ray we have a message for you...

With our persistence, it perked Ray's interest just enough that he said "alright, I have about 5 minutes until I have to catch my bus, what is your message all about?"  We began to teach Ray all about how The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored back to the earth in its fullest.  Ray was rather intrigued by this statement, with a curious look on his face he asked "well now what?"  We invited Ray to follow the example of his Savior Jesus Christ when he comes to know the message is true by being baptized.  Ray with a smile responded back, "I got to check with my momma first, my momma comes next to God in my life."  We exchanged numbers and set up a return appointment.

Ray's comment stuck in the forefront of my mind.  Ray was a confident man, seemed rather well to do, and was not afraid to admit he was a momma's boy.  What an example to all of us.  Just by Ray's smile and demeanor you could tell how much he appreciated and loved his mom.  Every one's momma should come next to God.  Without our moms' we would be nothing, literally.

 
There is no love, like a mother's love,
no stronger bond on earth...
like the precious bond that comes from God,
to a mother, when she gives birth.
A mother's love is forever strong,
never changing for all time...
and when her children need her most,
a mother's love will shine.
God bless these special mothers,
God bless them every one...
for all the tears and heartache,
and for the special work they've done.
When her days on earth are over,
a mother's love lives on...
through many generations,
with God's blessings on each one.
Be thankful for our mothers,
for they love with a higher love...
from the power God has given,
and the strength from up above.
I love my mom!  I am so grateful for her love!  She is always there, and has always been an example.  My mom is one great lady!  Just like Ray, my momma comes next to God too! Don't be afraid to be a momma's boy, let your moms know just how much you love them on this special Mother's Day!!  I love you PPPEEEAAACCHH!!


http://www.mothersdaycentral.com/verse/poems/religious/

No comments:

Post a Comment